Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

By Wisdom a House is Built

Let me start my first blog post with a confession.
                             
                                At my core, I am a messy, chaotic procrastinator.

My tendency is to keep little piles of paper -- coupons, school work, magazines -- that eventually get recycled after going untouched for months. I have at least 4 "projects" waiting to be completed. I'm the mom that buys b-day presents on the way to the party. My house is dusty. The beds aren't made. There is a pile of dirty dishes in the sink. 

Over the years, in my vain and often painful pursuit of being organized, I have failed miserably. My house became a source of anxiety and frustration. My clutter became a distractor - from quality family time, from having friends over and from spending intimate time with my God.

At my most desperate point, as I was suffocating from too many commitments and heaps of hoarded craft supplies, God revealed His plan for my home:
   
           By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; 
           through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.  
           (Proverbs 24: 3-4)

Of course! Why had I been working so hard when I should have given my home to God in the first place? Because I'm stubborn, hard-headed and I think I'm always right. (But have you met the women in my family? I come by it honestly.) 

What does wisdom, understanding and knowledge look like for your home? Honestly, I don't know. God has purposed every family differently. Our common thread being that He longs to enter into a deep, abiding relationship with us. In the midst of this intimacy, you will find His plan and how your family fits His purpose.


             My first step in getting organized was simply seeking the Lord.
             *Ask for His wisdom.
             *How does He want to build your home?

Join me on this journey to rid ourselves of clutter, distractions and junk. Through seeking Christ, I pray that our homes will ultimately bring Him glory (and us a little peace instead of frustration).

Organizationally imperfect yet seeking His will,
Em


 A glimpse of what I feel like on the inside - x100 -  when trying to wrangle my messes.







No comments:

Post a Comment